Camp L.E.A.D., Texas Tech University's leadership education and development program, which takes place. During this program, students will participate in activities ranging from individualized leadership sessions to group challenges and team-building activities. Your students will also have an opportunity to explore Texas Tech through an official campus tour and in-depth sessions with their intended field of study.
Transportation, housing and curriculum materials are provided at no cost to students admitted into the program.
Admission to Camp L.E.A.D. is highly selective. Students should apply and submit documentation regarding their leadership abilities no later than the given deadline. To be considered, students must meet the following requirements:
- Grade Level: must be an incoming high school senior in the Fall of 2018.
- Academic Performance: student's high school counselor must submit a form regarding their academic performance. Students are also asked to self-report their ACT/SAT scores.
- Community Involvement: must be an active member of your community and involved in extracurricular activities.
- Leadership: must have a proven desire to be a leader.
- Interest in Texas Tech: Applicants must be interested in enrolling at Texas Tech University.
- Cost: Transportation, housing and event materials provided at no cost if admitted.